International Society for Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychology (ISAPP) is an organization established to work for the mental health of adolescents and it is comprised of individual members devoted to working with adolescents, either in the field of child psychiatry and psychology or adult psychiatry and psychology.
Mission and Goals:
The International Society for Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychology’s (ISAPP) mission is to increase the public and professional awareness about the mental health and development of adolescents all around the world.
1. ISAPP aims to develop a vision about the mental health of adolescents in the international field in collaboration both with individuals devoted to working with adolescents in various countries and also with other national and international organizations on the basis of the evidences provided by the professional literatüre.
2. ISAPP organizes international global congresses and regional ones to bring together the professionals committed to working in the field of adolescent mental health and disorders and tos hare knowledge and experience .
3. ISAPP tries to increase the collaboration among the professions of child and adult psychiatry, psychology, social work, paediatrics, public health, nursing, education, social sciences and other related disciplines.
4. ISAPP promotes the formation of small study groups in specific topics regarding adolescent mental health, mental disorders and their treatment.
5. ISAPP aims to bring forward the specific issues and problems of young people going through adolescence, like identity issues, gender problems, body image, social skills, risk behaviors and psychiatric disorders which usually begins at this period , like anorexia nervosa.
6. ISAPP aims to work towards developing measures to decrease the risks for adolescent mental health and increase healthy behavior
7. ISAPP advocates for the rights and mental health of adolescents.
ISAPP’s Executive Committee is comprised of members from around the World:
President: Lois Flaherty (USA)
Past president: Annette Streeck-Fischer (Germany)
President-elect: Mario Speranza (France)
Secretary-General: Veronique Delvenne (Belgium)
Vice presidents: Füsun Çuhadaroğlu (Turkey)
“The theme of this year’s congress is “Starting from the Beginning – Laying the Foundation for Lifelong Mental Health” and it rightly places an important emphasis on early identification, illness prevention and health promotion over a lifespan.” Read more
A/Prof Say How Ong
Organising Chair, 24th World Congress of IACAPAP